How many people do you know that LOVE going to work? They may LOVE the type of work they do, they may LOVE the people they work with, but usually Monday morning comes with that dreaded thought of having to go to work.
I am sure the people that I work with are starting to think I am a little bit bonkers, but I LOVE going to work this year. Strange, I know. My husband even had mentioned that I never complain or grumble. I have always LOVED being a teacher, but I am talking about getting up and having to go to work. There have been some major changes in my life this year, which could have something to do with this renewed energy.
First of all, I finished graduate school over the summer. I am home every night with my family and papers, and reading material do not consume every bit of time I have. My family appreciates this! Secondly, my son is in middle school which means my husband leaves the house with him at 6:55 in the morning. When he walks out the door to go to Walkertown Middle, I am headed to Cash where I can get more done between 7:00 and 7:55 am than I ever imagined. Ok, so there are very few people to talk to for the first thirty minutes which helps. I LOVE to talk.
But the biggest and most important reason that I get up each morning with a smile on my face and an overwhelming happy feeling is because of the class that I have this year. They are the sweetest bunch of dumplings that I have ever had at one time. I am not saying that I haven't had sweet children before, because I could make a list a mile long. It is all about the combination of children this time. The stars must have aligned big time when the administrators were putting classes of children together, but I truly lucked out this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.