Friday, October 1, 2010

A Busy Month Ahead

October finally arrived, bringing cooler weather! Hopefully, we will not have to endure anymore 90+ degree days. We are in full swing in the classroom, and everyone seems to have a good understanding of our routines.

There seems to be one item, I feel that I need to discuss a little more in order for everyone to have a better understanding of the notes I write on papers. Many times a child will turn a paper in, and I can quickly tell that if I grade it, the grade will not be a good one. In order to avoid assigning failing grades on first tries, I will write "Correct and Return" or "Redo" across the paper. By the time the paper comes home, the paper has been corrected and returned to me or the child has done the assignment again and a grade has been assigned. This does not mean that anything needs to be corrected and returned to me once it has been placed in the Wednesday Packet.

I pull students individually daily to reteach concepts, help finish assignments, and check for understanding. That is my favorite time of the day. It gives me the opportunity to give each child a little more personal attention. I also have a wonderful lady who comes in to help tutor during this time. If you are intersted in tutoring between 12:00-12:35, please let me know. I can always use extra hands, and hearts!

Curriculum Night 6:00-6:35 10/7

Fall Festival 5:00-8:00 10/14

Field Trip to Carolina Theater 10/20

No School 10/29

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.